- Basics of Copyright
- 1. WHERE... is the work used and which national law is applicable?
- 3. WHO... owns the copyright in the work?
- 4. WHICH... rights in the work are protected?
- 5. HOW... may other people use a work?
- 5b. HOW ... can other people use a work? - Contractual licenses
- 6. AND... responsibility and sanctions?
- 7. Copyright and social media
2.2 Categories of work
Art. 2 para. 2 CopA lists eight possible categories of work. As these are only examples, works that are not contained in this list can also be protected by copyright. And vice versa – a work which seems to initially fall under one of the examples is not always mandatorily protected by copyright.If a work fits into one of the work categories, further checks must be done to see whether the conditions specified in Art. 2 para. 1 CopA (an expressed human intellectual creation with an individual character) have been fulfilled.