- Basics of Copyright
- 1. WHERE... is the work used and which national law is applicable?
- 2. WHAT... is a protected work?
- 3. WHO... owns the copyright in the work?
- 4. WHICH... rights in the work are protected?
- 5. HOW... may other people use a work?
- 6. AND... responsibility and sanctions?
- 7. Copyright and social media
5b.2.1 WHICH rights are licensed?
All rights that are required to use, study, distribute and modify the licensed computer program are licensed; i.e. generally all property rights under copyright law.
Computer programs can also patented. Depending on the particular FOSS licence, patent rights are licensed as well.