- Basics of Copyright
- 1. WHERE... is the work used and which national law is applicable?
- 2. WHAT... is a protected work?
- 3. WHO... owns the copyright in the work?
- 4. WHICH... rights in the work are protected?
- 5. HOW... may other people use a work?
- 6. AND... responsibility and sanctions?
- 7. Copyright and social media
5b.2.3 HOW MUCH money may be charged for FOSS?
Money may be charged to transfer FOSS, which means that computer programs distributed under a FOSS licence may be freely sold by anyone.
However, no money may be charged to grant rights to use under copyright law. Thus, a distinction must be made between the sale of the software itself and the “sale” of the related copyright (i.e. licence fees)) .