- Basics of Copyright
- 1. WHERE... is the work used and which national law is applicable?
- 2. WHAT... is a protected work?
- 3. WHO... owns the copyright in the work?
- 4. WHICH... rights in the work are protected?
- 5. HOW... may other people use a work?
- 5b. HOW ... can other people use a work? - Contractual licenses
6.5 Criminal actions
Aside from being civil matters, some copyright infringements can also be subject to criminal sanctions (Art. 67 et. seq. CopA). There are several penal provisions in the copyright law:
● unlawful infringement of the exclusive rights of the copyright owner (Art. 67 CopA)
● other infringements in the context of the copyright with criminal character
○ failure to indicate the source (Art. 68 CopA)
○ infringement of “related rights” (Art. 69 CopA)
○ abuse of rights (Art. 70 CopA)