- Basics of Copyright
- 1. WHERE... is the work used and which national law is applicable?
- 2. WHAT... is a protected work?
- 3. WHO... owns the copyright in the work?
- 4. WHICH... rights in the work are protected?
- 5. HOW... may other people use a work?
- 5b. HOW ... can other people use a work? - Contractual licenses
- 6. AND... responsibility and sanctions?
7. Copyright and social media
The evolution of information and communication technologies, as well as the development of the web 2.0 have enabled the rise of social media. Nowadays, it is easier than ever for users to communicate and even sometimes exchange copyright works. After a presentation of what social media are, and what particular questions with regard to copyright arise through their use, this chapter explores which aspects of copyright enter into consideration before defining what are the rights, risks and obligations of the different entities participating in the social media.